New version of XiphQT (Flac in iTunes)
A new version of XiphQT (Xiph QuickTime Components) is available which brings the version up to 0.1.5. XiphQT is a plugin that enables MAC and Windows users to play Xiph formats in Quicktime applications. This translates into interesting scenarios like Flac in iTunes! We love stuff like this!
- Universal Binary - XiphQT now works on both PPC and Intel Macs;
- FLAC - FLAC decoder and importer for Ogg FLAC (no support for native FLAC file format yet);
- Theora - Theora decoder and importer; this is the youngest component - some glitches are expected.
Fixes and improvements
- meta-data - XiphQT is now able to import user tags for all supported Xiph formats;
- small audio decoding performance improvements:
- audio samples are now decoded in larger chunks - decreased polling frequency and associated overhead,
- -release binaries are bow built with compiler optimisation flags switched on;
- increased offsets accuracy for chained Vorbis and Speex streams;
- fixed a bug in Speex decoder that prevented many valid Speex files from being properly decoded;
- fixed a bug causing audible clicks near beginning of Vorbis and Speex files.